How to Apply to BrIDGs
Receipt dates for the BrIDGs program will be scheduled one to two times per year. After an application is received, it is assessed for responsiveness to the program solicitation. Responsive applications are then reviewed by a panel of external experts in drug development. BrIDGs staff will conduct due diligence on the highest scoring applications. The most competitive applicants will be invited to meet with NIH staff to further discuss the merit of their projects. Final decisions will be made based upon the results of the review process and the availability of funding and contract capacity.
How to Apply
The next receipt date for applications to the BrIDGs program will occur in early 2013. Download the draft application instructions.
In addition to the standard NIH review criteria, applications will be evaluated for the following:
- Does the strength of the current data package support further development of the therapeutic agent?
- Are the therapeutic target and agent well validated?
- Are first-in-human clinical trials feasible based on the therapeutic agent’s currently established efficacy and safety?
- Would development of the therapeutic agent potentially represent a significant advance over currently available treatments or address an unmet medical need?
- Has patent protection or a license been obtained for the proposed therapeutic agent?