Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute
Ronald J. Sokol, M.D., University of Colorado Denver
The Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI), created in 2008, includes the University of Colorado Denver, the University of Colorado Boulder, Colorado State University, six major hospitals and health care organizations, and local communities. CCTSI will:
- Expand this statewide academic home for clinical and translational research.
- Implement new clinical research management strategies to improve quality, safety, efficiency, cost-effectiveness and innovative team science as well as introduce new software systems and workflows.
- Centralize the delivery of resources, services and technologies.
- Incorporate key concepts of community engagement into the full spectrum of translational research.
- Increase the capacity of the translational research workforce through a broad curriculum of education, training and career development opportunities.
A rigorous tracking, assessment and evaluation program with a formal quality and process improvement component will ensure the best use of resources while protecting the safety of research study participants. These programs will be centralized at the University of Colorado’s Anschutz Medical Campus, which is adjacent to participating schools, research laboratories, three hospitals and a biomedical corporate park.