NCATS develops novel approaches to improve the process of joining basic science discoveries with initial testing of therapies in humans.
Submit a Pre-Clinical Collaboration Proposal
NCATS is accepting proposals on a rolling basis to collaborate with BrIDGs and TRND program scientists.
Work with Us
NCATS pre-clinical programs and resources focus on key obstacles and inefficiencies in the translational process, overcoming bottlenecks that slow the development of new treatments for patients.
Improving the Drug Development Process
Creating and testing innovative methods to improve and accelerate the drug development process and find new treatments for patients faster.
Discovering new uses for approved drugs to provide the quickest possible transition from bench to bedside.
Testing & Predictive Models
Developing better model systems for drug and toxicity testing.
NCATS Programs & Resources Supporting Pre-Clinical Innovation
- Bridging Interventional Development Gaps (BrIDGs)
- Chemistry Technology
- Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existing Molecules (New Therapeutic Uses)
- Extracellular RNA Communication
- Matrix Combination Screening
- NCATS Chemical Genomics Center (NCGC)
- NCATS Pharmaceutical Collection
- Pfizer's Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) for NIH Researchers
- RNA Interference (RNAi)
- Therapeutics for Rare and Neglected Diseases (TRND)
- Tissue Chip for Drug Screening
- Toxicology in the 21st Century (Tox21)