News & Events
News Releases & Announcements
Long-time rare diseases research champion Stephen C. Groft, Pharm.D., director of the NCATS Office of Rare Diseases Research (ORDR), has announced his retirement from the NIH, effective Feb. 8, 2014. He leaves a 30-year legacy of advancing rare diseases research and improving the lives of patients with these conditions. For more information about Dr. Groft and rare diseases research, check out the latest NCATS Director’s Message.
In a recent PhRMA Catalyst blog, Groft discusses collaborating to speed rare diseases research.
- NIH Rare Diseases Event to Feature Research and Collaboration Progress • NCATS • February 25, 2014
- Stephen Groft, Champion of Rare Diseases Research, Retires • NCATS • February 04, 2014
- NIH Program Bridges Gap to Develop New Therapeutics • NCATS • December 17, 2013
- Gene-Silencing Data Now Publicly Available to Help Scientists Better Understand Disease • NCATS • December 11, 2013
- Pamela M. McInnes Named National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences Deputy Director • NCATS • December 03, 2013
- Gene-Silencing Study Finds New Targets for Parkinson’s Disease • NCATS • November 24, 2013
- NIH Announces 15 Clinical and Translational Science Awards to Help Translate Scientific Discoveries to Improved Health • NCATS • October 22, 2013
- NIH Scientists Pursue New Therapies to Improve Rare Disease Drug Development • NCATS • September 12, 2013