News & Events
- Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) 4th Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Rare Disease Day 2015
Jan. 15, 2015
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
National Institutes of Health
Building 31C, 6th Floor, Conference Room 6
Bethesda, Maryland 20892
This joint meeting of the NCATS Advisory Council and Cures Acceleration Network (CAN) Review Board will feature reports from NCATS Director Christopher P. Austin, M.D., and others about the Center’s initiatives, policies, programs and future direction. For more information about the Advisory Council and CAN Review Board, visit the NCATS Advisory Council page and the Cures Acceleration Network Review Board page of this site.
Feb. 7-11, 2015
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mount Vernon Place Northwest
Washington, D.C. 20001
SLAS presenters include National Institutes of Health (NIH) Director Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., and NCATS Director Christopher P. Austin, M.D. On Feb. 9, 2014, Dr. Austin also will chair An Evening with NIH, focused on NIH’s programs, services and capabilities.
An Evening with NIH
Monday, Feb. 9, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Facilitated Translation Within NCATS’ TRND and BrIDGs Programs Presenter: Nora Yang, Ph.D., NCATS
- NCATS SBIR and STTR Programs: Valuable Resources for Small Businesses Presenter: Lili M. Portilla, M.P.A., NCATS
- National Cancer Institute Experimental Therapeutics Program Presenter: Barbara Mroczkowski, Ph.D., NCI
- NIH-Industry Partnership to Discover New Therapeutic Uses for Existing Molecules Presenter: Christine M. Colvis, Ph.D., NCATS
Feb. 27, 2015
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
NIH will celebrate Rare Disease Day with a daylong event from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 27, 2015. The event, which is sponsored by NCATS and the NIH Clinical Center, is free and open to the public. Details about the event are forthcoming and will be posted here soon.